Shopping in Kolkata
Home | Shopping in Kolkata
Kolkata is a melting Pot where people from all states and cities reside. When new people come to stay in the city they also bring along their own choices, preferences and tastes. To cater to these vivid choices and needs the city has become a storehouse of anything and everything. You think of an item and it is just a blink away from you. The markets in Kolkata stuff all necessary and luxury products. You can shop almost everything from these markets from clothes to accessories to shoes to handicrafts to souvenirs for friends and relatives back home. You can buy these products from malls and branded shops or from road side shops as your pocket allows. But make sure if you are doing street shopping then do a lot of bargaining else you will end up paying more for less. Few of the famous markets in Kolkata are:
• Fashion Street (clothes and footwear).
• Deccan Gymkhana (suiting, shirting, toys, steel and plastic articles)
• Bajirao Road (furniture garments and presentation articles)
• Laxmi Road (clothes as well as jewelry shops).
• Tulsi Baug (gift items, household items, metal ware, etc)
• Mahatma Phule Mandai (fresh vegetables, fruits and puja items.)
• Timber Market (wood items)
• Juna Bazaar (second-hand goods market)
• Mahatma Gandhi Road (gift items)
• Dhole Patil Road, Koregaon Park and Fergusson College Road (boutiques and shopping plazas)
• Nana Peth and Bhavani Peth (wholesale markets for wood, steel, oil, grain and automobiles spare parts)
• Market yard (wholesale Market for grains, flowers, fruits, etc)